Monday, February 15, 2010

Who is your Valentine

When someone brings in life, sunshine



You can call as your Valentine



When someone responds you benign



You can call as your Valentine



When someone loves you unbound



You can call as your Valentine



When someone is your true companion



You can call as your Valentine



Devoid of love, orphan-kids in your surround



You can love them and call as your Valentine



Mother, Father, Sister, Brother; any blood relation



They can be your Valentine



Your spouse and children



Surely, they are your Valentine



Someone; you wanna forget ,



Still you carry in your heart !



Coz, you love, knowing no reason,



You can call as your Valentine!

3 comments:

  1. I use to hate valentine..until i read this poem. Beautiful thoughts Rinka.. At least i have to realize that i am not alone. I have my two daughters who always makes me feel special.. My best valentine ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Valentine's day has become too commercialized nowadays but it's a relatively harmless holiday... nice poem Rinka, keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My wife will always be my one and only Valentine as she does everything that you have mentioned.

    And i have to cupids, my daughter and my son. I like the way you have expounded the meaning of valentines.

    ReplyDelete

"The longer I live the more I see that I am never wrong about anything, and that all the pains that I have so humbly taken to verify my notions have only wasted my time."
- George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
"Happiness cannot come from without. It must come from within. It is not what we see and touch or that which others do for us which makes us happy; it is that which we think and feel and do, first for the other fellow and then for ourselves."
-
- Helen Keller